Friday, October 30, 2009

Fast Online Documentation - GotAPI.com

When I'm coding and have an API question, I have one and only one demand from my documentation source -- speed. I want to be able to quickly find the information I seek. "Now. I want it now."

I use PDF versions of my favorite books and the generated Ruby 2.3.4 API documentation locally, which is all good, but I found something that may be even better. GotAPI has a clean interface, is wicked fast and utterly intuitive. It even holds your recent searches.

In addition to lightning fast Ruby and Ruby on Rails look ups, it has tabs for HTML, Javascript DOM and CSS; all the things I need during RoR development!

I've added it to my browser bar so I can get to it quickly and it's rapidly becoming my reference tool of choice. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment