Thursday, December 06, 2012

Scrum Planning Poker for the Distributed Team

I've taken on the role of Scrum Master for our team and wanted to get everyone participating in issue scoping with independent votes.  So I searched for a Planning Poker scoping tool for distributed teams. The one I like the best is Pointing Poker.

It's free, requires no login, is very easy to use and effective.

One person logs in and starts a new session.  That person then distributes the URL with the session identifier to the rest of the team (we use Skype).  Everyone else then visits the site and enters their name.  No user account, no registration, no nothing.  From there it is easy to clear the last vote, have everyone vote and see the results. Want to change your vote?  Simply click on a different value.

Kudos for an effective tool.  Hey Matt Ruwe, if you were to put a donate button so I could donate a few bucks, I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment